What is note making?
Note making is the process to highlight or write down all the important words or sentence by a listener or reader in their own words. It is a process to review the lectures and synthesize the whole topic.
Note making is specifically helpful for those students who can not learn long question/ answers or a paragraph.
Why to make notes
- Note making helps to memorize all the important points
- To refresh our memory about what we read in past
- To prepare for exams
How to make Notes
- Notes should be short and clear
- Only relevant facts should be highlighted
- Only word and phrases should be used
- Important points should be written in a systematic way
- Notes should be divided into heading and sub headings
Now the question is, how should divisions and sub divisions should be like;
- Main sections – 1, 2, 3 etc.
- Sub- sections – a, b, c etc.
- Sub- sub sections – (i), (ii), (iii) etc.
However, In the process of Note making short forms and symbols should be used. Do not create confusion. The minimum number of abbreviations expected are 6 to 10. A key to abbreviations must be given at the end of the Note making.
7 thoughts on “How to prepare notes”